Reservations: 256 434-0174
Mail: 8700 Cowford Road,
Athens, AL 35611
Camping is truly a pleasure at Cowford Landing at Round Island Recreational area.
Located on the beautiful Tennessee River. Round Island Recreational area is part of the North Alabama Birding Trail. We offer well-groomed and shaded campsites with many of the amenities you might want for your RV vacation.
Many of our 48 campsites are pull-through, graveled and level with water, sewer and 30/50 amp electric. Cowford Landing offers swimming, fishing and boating with a sandy beach area and boat launches with a floating pier. Our new state-of-the-art private entry climate controlled bathhouse/laundry room is the ultimate in handicapped-accessible facilities.
Cowford Campground Features
- Shaded & several pull-through Sites
- New state-of-the-art climate controlled bathhouse/laundry room
- Picnic tables on all sites
- Water, sewer and 30/50 amp electric
Rates and Regulations
Limestone County Commission and the city of Athens in conjunction with the Limestone County Parks and Recreation Board, offers this facility for your convenience and enjoyment. Continued, successful operation of the park depends upon your cooperation and compliance with the following rules and regulations. The park is located on federal property and is patrolled by the Limestone County Sheriff's Department and Athens Police Department, as well as TVA security.
$18.00 per day for sites with sewer
$315.00 per month for sites with sewer
$110.00 per week for sites with sewer
10% senior discount (62 and older) except on waterfront lots
5% lodging tax
- Check In and Out by 12:00 noon.
- All fees must be paid in advance.
- Camping is permitted at designated areas only. (No tent Camping).
- Only one camping unit per site. Rates are based on family units.
- No more than 8 people, including visitors, are allowed at each campsite without prior approval.
- A maximum of 3 vehicles may park at each ill overwrite the current campsite. Boat trailers are counted as file without backing it up. New Arvehicles, as well as motorcycles. Parked vehicles must not hinder traffic flow or cause safety hazards or site damage.
- Camping stays must not exceed 30 days without written approval.
- Quiet hours are enforced from 10:30 PM to 7:00 AM.
- The operation of any noise producing devices in such manner that would reasonably disturb, annoy, or endanger another person is prohibited.
- Recreational use of motorized vehicles is Control PanelWeprohibited. (NO 4-WHEELERS).
- All pets must be kept inside or on a leash (not to exceed 6 feet). NO ATTACK DOGS ALLOWED. (such as Pitt Bulls)
- Do not cut, damage, pull up or drive nails in trees or shrubs.
- Fires shall be confined to grills or other appropriate facilities.
- Garbage must be sealed and placed in receptacle.
- Hang lanterns on lantern hangers or on picnic tables only.
- Washing of cars, boats or campers is prohibited.
OBSERVE SPEED LIMIT, CHILDREN RIDING BIKES AND PLAYING.